Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

Well, Josh is sick again. Nothing to do with a pig though. Thank goodness. I was getting worried so we went to the doc this morning. But hopefully he won't get it now b/c there were already 25 positive cases before we got there by 11 and a ton more kids in the waiting room when we left. I hope we left all their germs behind.

Anyway, I have delt with many things so far being a mother in Josh's two whole years. First and most memorable, NO sleep. Then you have the standard, finding food in toys, moldy sippy cups that got lost, scratched/broken furniture, changing bedding in the middle of the night and of course all the little things like watching the same movie over and over and over day after day, tantrums, spills, etc. The list goes on.

But I have now added two bigs ones to my list of motherhood duties (no pun intended!). I love my baby. He is a trip. He makes me smile more than anything ever has. And he's a pretty good baby when he's sick. He still plays, but you get some snuggle time in too. Anyway, today I have graduated to a new level. The boy is just so good that he squirted poop right out of his diaper missing it and his shorts to leave the whole liquid mess on MY LAP!!! this morning. Now after coming home from the doctor, I have scraped diarrhea from his diaper into a vial and have to put it in the freezer!!! I have to fill up FOUR of them!!! Greg ran away doing all but screaming and gagging. Ha.

So I say again, oh the joys of being a mom!!!

*EDIT:
So, seriously, this is such a low point in my life. It is just NASTY!!!! I have to scrape the diaper and scoop it in a tube. Oh the grossness! And he's not had much to work with. I finally got one filled and had to freeze it. But a disclaimer to all those who will eat at our house in the future, I put it on it's own little shelf NOT touching any food!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh gross! It went on your lap? So sorry.