Saturday, March 19, 2011

The New Challenge: Explaining Dreams

For New Years Eve, we stayed in a hotel with a swimming pool. We swam a lot that night, then in the pool the next day Josh was telling me what had happened recently. He really thought it was something that happened. He told us that "Uncle Ray crashed through our fence at the old house and crashed our swimming pool." Ha. So funny. My brother used to park his work truck in the yard and not the drive way b/c it leaked fluids. So I assume remembering that and then swimming brought that dream about. (We did not have a pool!)

He's had another one that I can't remember what he told me....

But recently he woke up one morning very upset b/c he said "A bad bird was trying to get me. I tried to run and yell for you momma. I had to climb over the big mountain of laundry and I couldn't find you!" Poor guy. We watched a show before bed that had a bird and he had A LOT of clean clothes piled in his chair. Poor kid...I'm giving him nightmares!

It was one of the most difficult things I've had to explain to him so far. I'm still not sure he gets it. Any suggestions?????

1 comment:

Misty said...

Lorelai had some fevers last week. From like Sunday till Tuesday. Monday night she was so hot. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming! First time ever except when she was an infant... and she told me that "Papa and Daddy are eating my room" Poor girl! Felt so bad!

And as for explaining the hard things, we brought her to one of grandpa's viewings this weekend and she kept asking when Grandpa was going to wake up and when we told her that he was with Jesus now she said, "Is grandpa dead?" and we told her yes and then she ran off and played with her cousins.

Good luck!