Monday, April 13, 2009

What is Easter all about?

If Josh could understand this question, his only answer would be EGGS!!!! Eggs, eggs, eggs, and more eggs. I mean really, what did we do ALL Easter weekend???


We started out by decorating eggs. (We took the non-mess stickers on plastic eggs route!)


Then we had our very first Easter egg hunt at church! He grasped the concept right away, find eggs, put eggs in basket, eat all the candy out of the eggs that I can fit in my mouth at once.


Then we had the next one at Greg's grandmother's after church. More eggs, more candy.


And last on the list of egg hunts was at my dad's house. Again, more eggs, more candy, more of the "true" meaning of Easter.


Oh wait, not ALL eggs...throw in some Elmo too! We can't forget about the Easter basket of goodies (at least no candy there!)

So where does this leave my poor son, What is Easter all about???? "EGGS!!!"

It's sad but true that such a trivial concept of such an important holiday would be so easy for a little kid to grasp. "I find eggs, put them in my basket, then eat the candy! What a great holiday!"

Of course it's just too much to ask of a 19-month-old brain to grasp the REAL meaning of the holiday...the Atonement! What a great responsibility I have to make sure that he will learn the true meaning. That our Savior died for us and was gloriously resurrected so that we might be too!

I wish he could right now, but I guess we will have to settle with EGGS!!!


Oh, and I LOVED his church Easter clothes. He was so cute. Of course the pics don't do it justice, and of course I forgot to get a good "portrait" so this is the cutest one I could find...even though his shirt tails are hanging out :)

1 comment:

Mike Pulley said...

Ok I love the football basket, Josh looks so cute in his church outfit and Isabel remembers the true meaning of Easter about as well as Josh. We were passing the cemetery today and waved to Brooklyn when I was trying to quickly explain what Easter was all about when she interjected with CANDY! Yea that was a real productive conversation.