Sunday, June 20, 2010

New York City: Day 4 - Happy Birthday Greg!

This guy looked cool. He was obviously dressed like the Statue of Liberty.


So I took the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty Island. I highly recommend that if anyone ever goes to NYC, you get the City Pass. It saves a ton of money and if you buy it somewhere w/o a big line, you get to skip most of the lines for the other stuff, including this. My line was at least 1/3 of the line where people had to purchase a separate ticket.
The wind was so crazy! And I'm stylin' my new NYC glasses. They have the little Broadway theater masks on the sides. LOVE THEM!!! And they were only $6!!!

This picture is so great. It really represents what I was staring up at. It looks so fake. It did in person too. Very surreal to stare up at this idol that I've seen pictures of and heard about my whole life. So neat to see it in person.


Next, I went to Ellis Island. Again, I've heard so much about it, but it's so much more real being there. This thing was neat. If you stand to one side, it looks like the flag. If you walk to the other side, it shows all different faces of immigrants.


They have a whole section of International barbies from the past and present. There were tons, but the Eiffel Tower one was my favorite. They had it for sale but I didn't want to spend $50 on a Barbie.

This was just inside the hall.

There were a ton of rooms that took you through every step of the process the immigrants went through. It was very educational. I guess I never really paid attention.

After I took the ferry back to Manhattan, I went and waited outside Greg's building until he was finished. I can't believe I forgot to mention this so far...I had a few books with me on the trip. I had one with me at all times so I could just sit, read and enjoy being there. I went into the library and read for about an hour and some other places. So I just read and waited for Greg. Then we walked all around where his conference was. This was on Wall Street. Hitch anyone?


There wasn't much to take pictures of at the Twin Towers site. It's mainly new construction. But these two neat things are on that street.

We took the subway and stopped at Grand Central Station. So awesome!


Then we met Joey's brother at his office. Yes, these three pictures are of his OFFICE BUILDING. I would never get to work somewhere so cool.

We went out to eat at a Jewish deli then headed back to the hotel.

I gave Josh a few things including a Survivor buff I got him at the CBS store. He LOVES it!

No comments: