Sunday, June 20, 2010

New York City: Day 5

I had planned to get up and go swimming. Mainly because it was a pool...on a rooftop...in NEW YORK CITY! But, I was so tired I barely got out of the hotel to finish the museums I wanted to go to.




I barely got a glimpse of the park and it had so many different sides to it. It's so crazy. Everything we call outside in so many different ways, hidden forest trails, large grass fields, small playgrounds, etc. but they go and have it all in one location. Crazy!!!


The Met was great. I don't think I got to see it all though. It's so big with so many connecting rooms you would have to spend days there!



The Natural History Museum was neat too. I'm so glad I got to go to so many places!!!


This was in the museum. It was a big dome where they did a show about the stars. It was free with my pass. It felt so good and the chairs were so comfy that I nodded off for a minute. It was a great show about the stars. The narration was annoying, I wish I had my iPod, but it was still a good experience.

I would never have made it if it wasn't for the subway. What a blessing!!!! As it was, I barely made it alive to meet Greg. I was still walking by shear will of survival. It was a long week with A LOT of walking! We ended up sitting in the hotel lobby for about an hour before taking a taxi to the airport. I wanted to keep going and look around more, but I couldn't get out of the chair! Oh well. We had a GREAT trip. I am so happy I went. I missed Josh terribly, but it would not have been the right place for him.

Oh yeah, we ended up getting one more great thing. This cupcake place called Crumbs was so awesome! We each got a cupcake on the way out and ate them at the airport. It is a good thing they don't have them here. I can't afford the price or the calories! :)

When we flew back into town it was dark so on our way home we could see the city lights. I literally could not stop laughing b/c it was just so small!!!

No comments: